Privacy and Security
Olympica values and respects the privacy of its customers and visitors. The purpose of this Privacy and Security Statement is to provide information about how Olympica collects, uses, and shares the information from our customers and visitors. It also describes the choices you can make about our use of your information. Our collection efforts are designed to improve the shopping experience of our customers and to provide customers relevant information about our products, services, and promotions.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of Olympica and other Century Cabinets & Counter Tops’ companies (“Olympica”, “our”, or “we”). It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile website
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
Information We Collect
Contact information. We may collect the names and usernames of our customers and visitors. Additionally, we may collect purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
Payment Information. When you make a purchase, we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, cheque, PayPal account or gift card and authentication information, such as your signature.
Returns Information. When you return a product to our manufacture or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to provide your name, address, phone number and show information that identifies you, such as your driver’s licence. We collect this information to process and track returns and to help detect and prevent fraud and otherwise administer our loss prevention program. To learn more about our Returns Policy.
Demographic Information. We may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
Location Information. If you use our mobile websites or applications, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to provide product pricing and availability near you. If you would prefer not to provide us with your device’s location information, you can control what location information is shared in the settings menu of your device.
Registration information. If you register on our websites or enter contests, promotions or other programs, we collect personal information such as your name, email address and other information required to administer your participation in the program.
Other information. We may collect any of the information or content that you provide through our websites. If you use our websites, we collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address and other related information such as the type of browser and operating system you are using. We might also track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described here.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect your information:
- Visit, register and buy something from our website
- In connection with an online purchase or visit
- If you submit a question or answer to our Q & A
- If you submit Purchases or Custom Cuts Forms
- If you provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through one of our websites, social medias such as like Facebook or Twitter (3rd party websites), or emails.
- If you participate in a contest, promotion, program, or workshop
- If you return a product
- If you apply or inquire about employment
- We also collect information from you passively; we may use tracking tools like browser cookies. To learn more about these tools and how you can control them.
How We Use Information
We use the collected information for business purposes:
- To respond to your questions and requests
- Fulfilling orders or providing services
- Registering you for a particular loyalty program, extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding such programs or services
- Processing a return (see Returns Policy)
- Responding to product reviews
- To improve our products and services.
- To make our website, product, and service improvements.
- We might use information to customize our clients’ experience.
For security purposes:
- We use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
For our marketing:
- We may send you communications about special promotions or offers if you have opted for that option. We may also notify you of new website features or product and service offerings.
For employment purposes.
- We may use your personal information you provide in connection with a job application or related inquiry for the purpose of processing and responding to your application or inquiry.
For social media.
- When you engage with our content or social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain social media account information (e.g., name, username, email address, gender) as determined by the settings of the social media services to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website or plug-in.
- Social media platforms may collect information about your use of our services and may notify other users of the platform about your activities on our websites.
We may also use personal information with your consent, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with our Canadian Affiliates and service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as delivery services who ship and deliver your online orders, process your payments, send email and communications, and operate our call centres. By providing your information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located outside of Canada, and understand that your information will be stored, accessed and processed in accordance with U.S. law, including that in certain circumstances courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in the U.S. may be entitled to access your personal information. Our affiliates and service providers may have access to your personal information on a confidential basis to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In no event will these companies have the right to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide you with those specific services, except as may be permitted by law. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of Canada. For further information please contact us.
- With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may transfer information we have about you in preparation for or as part of that transaction.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law. We may also disclose information to a government agency or investigatory body, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable Canadian laws.
- With our business partners and parent companies. For example, we might share information with one of our Affiliates or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us.
- To protect us. For instance, we may disclose information if we suspect fraud. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed by you.
- At your direction. For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
Your Privacy Preferences
You can change your preferences to not receive marketing communications from us by emailing us. Please allow up to seven (7) days for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, responding to customer service inquiries, or notifying you of product recalls or warranty information.
Registered website users can update their information at the My Account section of our website. If you are not a registered website user, you can contact us by email.
Access to Personal Information
You may update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our system in the following ways:
- As a registered user, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the “Sign In” button at the top of any page on the website.
- By contacting us using the information provided in the Contact Us section.
When you place orders on our websites, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
We maintain your personal information for as long as required for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Security Statement, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you have additional questions, or to access, update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, you can call us at 1-833-3 OLYMPICA or reach us by email at email@example.com.
You can write to us at:
Century Cabinets and Counter Tops LTD.
201-1530 Kingsway Ave.
Port Coquitlam. British Columbia.
Privacy and Security Statement
Effective Date: May 1st 2018
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Privacy and Security Statement. Please check our website periodically for updates.